Friday, March 25, 2011

A Clean Studio? An Advantage?


This past weekend I probably spent 24 solid hours cleaning and organizing my studio. All my paint tubes are arranged by chromatic hue, all the brushes are sorted by size and style, the floors are vacuumed and swept - all and all this is the cleanest and most organized my studio has been in years! I'm anxious to see what effect this will have on me as an artist. Already I am finding myself mixing my red tubes with blue tubes and my filberts with my brights. I ponder whether I should spend a few hours a week or a half hour or so each night keeping things clean. I guess I probably should, if nothing else organization saves money - this past weekend's overhaul revealed several unused paint tubes and even large canvases I did not know I had!

I pictured my studio (top) alongside a picture of the studio of Francis Bacon. Two weeks ago, my studio really did resemble that of Bacon's. In 2008, Christie's sold three of Bacon's works for $46.1 million. Hmmmm . . . messy and disorganized vs. clean and organized?

2 comments:

  1. Micah - when I saw the photo of Francis Bacon's studio I chuckled at how disasterously similar it was to mine right now. It does make you take a step back and think, "maybe I should do something about this mess?" I would be like you and find NEW items I had bought, remembering them, but not able to find them. Your studio looks great! I love your work. Casein interests me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up to all, as I am genuinely eager of reading this web site's pоst tо be updateԁ rеgulаrly.
    Ӏt сontaіns pleasant materіal.
    Here is my web blog - pikavippii

    ReplyDelete

All comments, criticism and questions are of course welcomed