Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Merchants Millpond State Park


In mid October we visited Merchants Millpond State Park in Northeast North Carolina. The park is a combination of a forest and swamp with hundreds of places to explore. We took a canoe out on a beautiful day and I immediately began taking pictures. The sunken cypress trees and spanish moss created beautiful pictures which opened me up to all kinds of painting possibilities.

The painting shown is the first of many that will materialize from the trip to this park. Glazing and impasto work along with vibrant colors make this work pop off the wall and come to life.

Merchants Millpond State Park #1 - 36x24" Acrylic on Canvas

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous work! Barring your objection, I've linked this on my state parks web magazine, http://www.scoop.it/t/state-parks/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I love this piece it reminds me of my child hood when Me and My Granddad would do colouring together it is very fresh. I wish i had the Talent it's my dream to be skilled in art...

    ReplyDelete

All comments, criticism and questions are of course welcomed