Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Pretty Good Weekend!


As far as weekends go in my art life, I would have to rank this past weekend at the top of the list.

On Friday night I attended the opening of SCOPE: North Carolina Landscape Show at the Visual Art Exchange in Raleigh. Two of my paintings were selected for this show: Quarry at the Eno River and Pocosin Lakes. I was thrilled to find that Pocosin Lakes was also selected as First Prize in this show! The entire show was amazing - Congrats to the VAE, it sponsor Navis Pack and Ship and juror Jonathan Stuhlman for putting on a great show!

On Sunday I was fortunate enough to attend the opening of the National Juried Art show at the Imperial Arts Center in Rocky Mount, NC. My painting Looking Glass Falls was selected for a Merit Award in this show! The Imperial Centre is a really cool place offering something for everyone of every age. The is the second year I have participated in this show, and once again I was not disappointed. Approximately 40 works were selected juror Amy Freeman. A well rounded selection in an outstanding venue. A great show made possible by the great staff and volunteers at the Art Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, criticism and questions are of course welcomed