Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Beidler Forest


In July of 2008, my family and I visited the Beidler Forest in South Carolina.  Located about an hour west of Charleston, this area was the perfect place to find subject matter for my paintings.  I would term this area more of a swamp than a forest.  The landscape was that of a science fiction movie with trees growing horizontally, and a water edge that could not be defined since trees and other typical things associated with land were growing in the water.

I painted seven paintings from this trip.  Beidler Forest #3, #4 and #5 are currently on display and available at the Vision Gallery in Atlantic Beach, NC.   Beidler Forest #6 was the basis for a full length DVD and was later accepted into the National Juried Art Show at the Rocky Mount Arts Center (where it currently is).  My favorite piece of this series, Beidler Forest #7 (pictured) was accepted into the juried show for the Raleigh Fine Art's Society.  It currently is in my possession and in August will be featured at my gallery show in Wake Forest, NC at the Sunflower Studio and Gallery.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, criticism and questions are of course welcomed