Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A View from the Blue Ridge Parkway

This painting is inspired from a trip we took to western North Carolina in early November. My original thought was to paint the big tree in the foreground on glass and offset that over the rest of the composition. I probably will do that at some point, as I do like this composition.

This painting and blog entry are both dedicated my wife Eileen who is celebrating her birthday today. Without her none of this is possible. I'm quite sure if she was not in my life I would not being painting - she is my first and remains my greatest inspiration.

Happy Birthday, Love Micah

A View from the Blue Ridge Parkway - 9x12" Acrylic on Watercolor Paper

1 comment:

  1. Hi Micah,
    I have just been looking through your recent additions and realised that each time I look at your work I TRY TO READ IT. I assume it has hidden messages on the branches.

    Why do we find the 'circle in a circle' so attractive. It appears in so many artists work down the ages.
    It was good to look at your work again.

    ReplyDelete

All comments, criticism and questions are of course welcomed