Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pocosin Lakes - Step 2



When beginning the painting process I always work in sections from the background to the foreground. In this case the sky is where I begin - I choose three colors (Paynes Grey, Midnight Blue and Carbon Grey) and create 1" bands all the way down to where the sun is rising. When I get to this area I use five different bands of Naples Yellow to achieve the sunset effect. When these bands are complete I create three separate mixtures of fluid acrylic paint and glazing medium - this time using the colors Australian Sky Blue and a light and dark shade of Paynes Grey. These transparent bands are painted over the opaque bands that were made earlier. For the sunset at the bottom a glaze of Cadmium Yellow Light is painted over each band of Naples Yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, criticism and questions are of course welcomed